This lovely girl turned 12 on April 21st.
Twelve years ago this girl came into my life. She was 8 pounds 13 oz. She was scruntchy and beautiful. I remember lying on the bed just looking into her eyes across the room as the nurses weighed her and took her vitals. We just connected. Our eyes locked and I knew what it was that felt missing in my life. It was her. It was as though the motherhood that was dormant inside of my soul had suddenly sprung to life. I suddenly became what I was meant to be. It was one of the most powerful, beautiful, spiritual moments of my life. It was the most changing moment of my life.
I love this girl.
She is everything I would want her to be.
She is kind.
She is talented.
She is smart.
She is thoughtful.
She is helpful.
She is spiritual.
She is lovely.
She is good.
Thank you Heavenly Father for making me a mother--for making me this girl's mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment