Sunday, May 12, 2013

Days 10 & 11~ Heading Home






Saturday morning was the end of Robert's meeting. After we took a few pictures and said good bye to his parents--who were heading out for their part of the vacation--we headed down to the pool to just relax for the rest of the day. We were ready to head home. We spent some time reminiscing and enjoying our last few long talks together. 

One of the things that we discussed was that we were sad that of first trip to Costa Rica was coming to an end. We have realized that the first time anywhere is usually the best---the most magical. Our first trip to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary was fantastic. We have since returned 3 more times and it has never been the same. This trip was magical. I loved it. I love spending time with my husband and I love seeing new places.  When I was in high school I used my own money to pay for a subscription to a travel magazine and I used to check out travel videos from the public library.I am so blessed because I have a husband who shares this same desire and has a good job. We would much rather use our money to travel then to buy expensive things.

Sunday we got up very early and started the long journey home. A six hour flight to Phoenix and then an eight hour layover. I am bummed because I didn't take a single picture. Mitch picked up up at the airport and we went to lunch at PEI WEI and hung out at his house. Then we headed over to see Robert's grand parents for a while.We then had a five and a half hour flight o Anchorage. Whew. 

I am so grateful for everyone who made this trip happen. Robert's mom for planning the meetings and encouraging us to go, my parents for watching our kids, our kids for letting us be gone. I have the best family.

Love my life!


No comments: