Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 5~ Exploring and a Sunset Sail & Snorkle

Do we was to go on a half day sunset sailing and snorkeling trip? Heck Yeah! So this was a truly awesome experience for us. The past snorkeling trip we have been on have been like being loaded onto a cattle car. This was a beautiful catamaran with 3 crew members and 8 passengers. They can take up to 45 people, but it was off season. We had a beautiful sail out into the pacific ocean. We spent much of the time out on the trampoline talking to our hotel friends, Brian and Karen. While we were sailing there we kept spotting rays jumping out of the water!



Robert's dream come true, sailing!


I love taking pictures of myself!



My husband loves taking pictures of me.


This is where we put down anchor to snorkel. Only 4 of  us wanted to snorkel. One of the crew member came with us to guide. He kept diving down and then coming up a minute or two later with a fish or a starfish or an octopus or whatever!


The jelly fish that kept stinging everybody.


Spiky puffer fish. I did not hold this one.



Me holding an octopus. It kept inking me!


A yellow puffer fish. Seriously so awesome. It felt like holding a rough water balloon.



I always smile for a picture---even with a snorkel in my mouth!


Robert caught this tuna. It was great. The crew member filleted it for us and we took it back to the hotel and Hilda cooked it up for our dinner! Sooooo goood! Fresh Mahi Mahi.



I really never get tired of taking pictures of myself...especially when I am next to such a guy!

No comments: