Monday, June 9, 2008

Suzuki Institute



Hannah and I are attending the Suzuki Violin Institute all this week. Today was the first day and it was awesome. I really enjoy this one on one time with Hannah--she deserves it. She puts so much work into the violin. She gets up and practices before school and does so well. She loves the violin. The institute lasts all week with a big group recital on Friday night. Her schedule is master class, orchestra class, technique class, lunch, recital, group class. We start at 8:30 and are done by 2:30.
Meanwhile Winnie is at a YMCA day camp--which she loves!Today was the day she performed in the recital. She performed "Etude" and gave a smashing performance--as I knew she would. Her teacher and our neighbors attended and brought her flowers. They are awesome people.

I will post more about the camp as the week continues. So far, so great!

7 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

I wish I could have been there to see her play! I remember going to a lesson once and her wondering where the music was coming from because she couldn't see the music notes. I am pretty sure she has progressed past that point now. I feel like I miss so much being away!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Hannah looks so grown up and beautiful in that gorgeous dress! It will be fun to hear her play when she gets up here- I'm sure she will wow and amaze us!

Just a few weeks now! We are waiting!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Man, she is so talented! I can't wait to see how her skills develop as she grows. I am going to miss you guys, but at least I met Alicia and we can cry together!

Sarah and Chris said...

Hey Bethany. I don't know when we are coming to Alaska. My mom hasn't picked up the phone so she hasn't bought us tickets yet. Hopefully she will call today and we can get that figured out. Maybe at the end of July or beginning of August. Then we have to come back here and move!

Grandpa MIke said...

Lil Hannah is awsome, just like the rest of her family. Thanks for sharing her a winnie's talents with us.
MikenHannah

Dickson Family said...

which camp is winnie going to. dayna is going to the one this week tumble bugs. she is so excited. is winnie going too?

Jennifer Bundy said...

we are so glad you guys made it safely here! ready to jump right into the summer of getting caught up- or at least i am sure that is what robert is wanting!