I made some of these delicious refrigerator pickles the other day. My friend, Lynne, gave me this recipe and like everything she makes they are scrumptious and beautiful. Bobby eats them by the fistful and calls them "candy pickles".
Here is the recipe:
Refrigerator Pickles
7 cups sliced cukes with peels on (I use the English
cukes)
1 Cup sliced onion
1 T celery seed
2 c sugar
1 c white vinegar
1 T salt
1 cup chopped peppers green, red or yellow (the mini ones work great)
Cut up all veggies in glass jar. Slice everything really, really thin. Combine sugar and vinegar.
It will be sort of thick. Pour over vegetables.
You will think the recipe is wrong, but after a few hours in
the fridges it will look normal.
I think it will keep for weeks. I just keep adding more cute up veggies to the brine and it is a never ending pickle jar.
No comments:
Post a Comment