My parents came to visit me for the last time here in Kentucky! They were here for about 10 days and I loved every minute of it. I realized shortly before they came that my dad has never been to Mammoth Caves. How could that be?--I thought to myself! So I decided to take them while we were here. I have been there 7 or 8 times, but I love it. I am constantly amazed by the beauty of the area and the awesomeness of those caves! There is also a very nice campground and some great day hikes in the area. And for those of you who like water. We have done a day canoe trip down the Green River twice and we highly recommend it.
We ended up just doing a short self guided tour due to the lack of available tours this time of year and my mother's knees just down allow her to do everything she would like to do. The self guided tour was also a perfect length for my darling daughter, Winnie!
Everytime we go to Mammoth Caves we pass this huge Dinosaur inviting us to tour Dino World. Thus far we have been able to to escape going, but this time Grandma and Grandpa were in charge! We went to Dinosaur World. It was fun. The girls got to dig for fossils, play ant the park, look in a museum and explore these gigantic dinosaurs! They were awesome. I had a great time posing the girls for interesting pictures.
3 comments:
Looks like fun. I love that you are blogging! It was fun to have your mom around. She is a great woman!
How great to have your parents visit for so long! I hope your little one managed to get out of that dinosaur unharmed. I would love to see those caves!
Keith and Rachel are into dinosaurs now. Land Before Time from the library, and Tyson had on Lost World when I came home last night. They like to pretend they are sharptooth usually. I try to encourage more "friendly" dinosaurs!
Post a Comment