"This week we are giving you the chance to document something in your home that is special because it was hand made."
I have so many things in my home that were handmade. I think handmade is definitely the best way to go. I have so many talented family members that are gifted with there hands that I don't even know where to begin. I will start with this baby doll cradle made for me by my father when I was a little little girl--probably about Winnie's age. I remember loving it so much and I know he put a lot of time into making it for me. Now Winnie and Hannah love to rock their babies in it. I know that it will be passed down to their children.
Another handmade item is the bunk beds in the picture! Yes, my amazing husband, Robert, spent many long h
If you look in my girl's closet you will see a dozen or so beautiful--often matching-- dresses made by my wonderful mother. My mother is gifted with the needle. Hannah told me once that grandma should sell her dresses in a store and make a lot of money! Mom finds great pleasure sewing clothes for her grandchildren. I find great pleasure receiving them!
I really could go on and on about this topic. Hopefully I have received some of the same talents.I try really hard to fill my home with these wonderful pieces of family history. My handmade contributions are usually in the form of scrapbooks, cards, quilts and various other craft projects. I am now more inspired to keep developing my hand skills so that I can contribute more of myself .
4 comments:
Bethany--what a cool thing to do. To reflect upon so many different things. I liked this post a lot. Your family is sooo talented!
This is so neat! What a great idea! I'm thinking I'd like to "borrow" the idea and start something similar! It's a good way to give people things to post about!
Hi Bethany, I just came across your blog and had fun reading a little more about you guys. The bunkbeds are beautiful. What a great talent. I love your post.
What beautiful things! And made with love. I made a quilt once - machine quilted it - and I don't know if I'll ever do it again! So I appreciate the time that goes into hand-stitching a quilt. The bunk-beds and crib are so cool. Lucky you!
Post a Comment