Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Trip to Valdez

This June we planned to combine our work trip into a family trip to Valdez. We had a good time in spite of my morning sickness (it was good to have a change of scenery). We had beautiful weather and the girls and I found ways to fill in the two work days on our own. We swam each morning in the hotel pool and then visited the parks, museums and ice cream shops around town. When Robert was not working we took him along kayaking and swimming.



The kids and I visited the visitors center and they suggested walking to a "touch and feel" exhibit at a U.S. Forest service cabin which stood in front of this waterfall.



Picking the lovely wild irises.



More lovely irises.



The one that got away.



A beautiful June day.




Robert and I kayaked in the Valdez Glaicer lake (the most beautiful place on earth). I loooove paddling through the gorgeous icebergs.



In front of the glacier.



Between two icebergs.




Father and son.



Father and Hannah.



Sand is yucky.



Heather and I kayaking in the ocean.



Playing on the beach.

No comments: