Monday, June 1, 2009

Maui: Day 4

What can you say about Maui? Everyone talks about Maui. We got in port with high expectations and two whole days of Maui ahead of us. The first day of Maui we didn't really have anything scheduled, so we went to the lecture and decided to drive the rode to Hana. We heard it was absolutely breathtaking and plus at the end there was a red sand beach!. It really isn't far to Hana it is just very slow and curvy. There are lots of waterfall sight and hike you can take. Robert had read about a waterfall hike in the adventure section of our guidebook that included four waterfalls, scaling difficult terrain and swimming 100 yards in waterfall run off. We just couldn't resist.



A front view of the pride of America.



Yes we got a convertible! It was awesome driving the road to Hana in the open. I highly recommend a convertible for a trip to Hawaii!



The beginning of our hiking adventure. I feel like I am in "Lost"



Swimming in a waterfall is awesome!



The first waterfall in our hiking adventure which took 3 hours.



We had to scale this cliff to get to the third waterfall.



This is the pool we had to swim in order to get to the last waterfall.



A red sand pocket beach off Hana Bay.



Sports Illustrated here I come!



Aren't we cute?

That night we returned to the ship exhausted again, but before bed we made a trip to the all you can eat Sushi Bar. All the sushi you can eat for $15. We ate 9 rolls!

2 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

Bethany, your pictures are beautiful! I really am so jealous. You guys look great. We miss you!!!

victoria said...

I want to do/eat everything in this post! We've never been to Hawaii but it's definitely on the list. I'll have to bookmark these posts so we do it right.