Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 6: Kona--Back to the Big Island

We really Like the Big Island. We loved Hilo and were excited to return to the other side and visit Kona. The weather was great , but a bit hazy from the VOG-- volcanic smog. We had heard from some good friends and from our trusty "Revealed" guide books that we really wanted to see Captian Cook monument. There is great snorkeling there and you are likly to see dolphins! You can only get there by boat and we really wanted to do some Sea Kyaking so we rented a car and a kyak for the day. It was awesome. I love kyaking, but I seriuosly have my doubts that I could do it alone. I am so greatful for my big strong husband!



Me at the head of the kyak. We made really good time and paced several other kyayers on the way! It took us about 30 minutes to get there. We didn't see any dolphins!



Need I say more?



Robert in front of the monument---- it looks like a little Washington Monument.



The underwater shot.




This is a picture of the Morea Eel we saw....scarey!



I found out on this trip that a lot of fish mate for life. It was so sweet to see them swimming two by two all over the place.



I just had to stop and take a picture of this beautiful bush.



A picture of our ship throught the Vog.

We got back to the ship in time for me to attend a fresh flower lei making class. I got to make a a beautiful lei that I was able to wear for the reat of the cruise.

That night we retired to our room early and fell asleep watching Inkheart.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What an absolutely beautiful trip! You two look like you had so much fun.