Sunday, July 29, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Don't

While we were in Valdez, Winnie fell off the monkey bars and busted open her chin. Robert was happy to stitch her up. He has secretly been yearning to suture one of the kids. I can't believe we have made it almost 12 years!

Winnie was so brave. She cried a lot, but trusted her dad. I was so grateful he was able to take care of it so easily. Winnie is quite proud of them now and takes great pleasure in retelling the story to whomever will listen.




2 comments:

Mom4ever said...

Yep, that is a genuine "proud papa" look. I didn't see how much Winnie looked like Robert until that shot of them together. I'm glad she was not hurt worse.

Our 7-month old son recently had a big fall. One of the older kids set him down on a high bed and turned his back for just a moment (which he has been told emphatically not to do.) The baby flipped over and fell off, hitting his head. The horrified sibling pointed out a visible crater shape on baby's head as I scooped him up. Off on a scary trip to the ER for X-rays and a CAT scan... He had a fractured skull and a concussion but they think his brain is fine. I tell ya - PRAYER WORKS!

The Alaska DeKays said...

Rachel. Wow. scary. I am so glad he is OK. I am so afraid for our little one because he has a very active two year old brother. I am constantly saving his life!