Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun in the Sun and Sand















I have to post about the fun time we had in the sun and sand. Our mornings at Aulani were spent in the beautiful Lagoon there. We were able to sit on the beach and play for a few hours. It was nice because we could get complimentary large beach umbrellas, so I could keep Jack out of the sun. The girls would play in the sand and on theses huge floating boards in the ocean that were anchored to the ground. We could check out large bags of beach toys and build sand castles. One highlight is that we rented a paddle boat for an hour and tried it out. Hannah and I especially liked that. Robert and Hannah did a lot of snorkeling too even though there was not many colorful fish in the lagoon.

In the afternoon we hit the pools. There was a lazy river and two pools and water slides. One water slide was for inter tubes and the other for bodies. We all loved those! There was at least one pool party a day with characters in attendance. Winnie and I especially loved the endless hot tubs. I loved sitting in the tub overlooking the ocean. I sat in one the morning we were leaving and mourned our departure.

On the last morning we were there we walked down the beach a ways to a spot where you can often see sea turtles. We were successful!  We found a sea turtle that wanted to play with us. Truly amazing.

No comments: