Sunday, May 20, 2012

AAO Honolulu 2012


This year the American Association of Orthodontics meeting was held in Honolulu Hawaii! We decided to take the staff with us as well as Hannah, Winnie and Jack. We had a really fun time. I took so many pictures that I will be posting about this trip for a while.



First of all let me explain why Bobby did not accompany us on this trip. We love our precious two year old, but this was mostly a work trip for Robert and I. The first 5 days of the trip would mainly be spent at the convention. Even if I were not attending classes, which I was, It would have been nearly impossible for me to take care of Bobby and Jack by the pool or the beach. Bobby would be diving into water right and left. So we decided to let Bobby have a week with Grandma and Grandpa. I will be forever grateful to them for keeping him.


The first 5 days were spent on Waikiki. The conference was held at the Honolulu Convention Center. Our family stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki. Saturday through Tuesday we attended classes and parties and such. Hannah and Winnie attended Camp AAO, a kids program at the convention. (I will post about this later.) Jack attended classes with me. I am in charge of marketing for the office and so I attended classes on that topic. I have never attended a convention before and was amazed by all the orthodontists in the world. There were thousands of doctors and staff representing 63 different countries.


At the airport! Robert, Andrea, Petra, Julie, Arlyne, Amanda and Eldon.
Robert, Eldon and Jack in front of the Honolulu Convention Center
Hannah in front of our hotel.

Winnie and Papa in front of a beautiful mural at the convention center.

In front of the Hilton.

The view from of room with Diamondhead in the back.
Robert in front of an herb garden.


The newlyweds.

The staff at a party.

Another beautiful mural in our hotel.


My pale son.

At our beach.

No comments: