Trip one: An over-nighter to Bald Lake. We stayed in a forest service cabin in the Nancy Lake Recreation area. You can rent great little cabins here in the summer. The trick is to get them in advance. This one was on Bald Lake. We had this beautiful lake all to ourselves. We took the canoe with us and and enjoyed 70 degree sun shiney weather. On the second day we invited Robert's sisters and brother and families to join us for a cookout and canoeing. A very happy trip.
Trip two: A two night trip to the Portage area, Black Bear Campground. This is Memorial Weekend so it was very busy. Luckily Robert had Friday off, so we headed out Thursday night.
This time we stayed in our tent. Again...awesome weather and a great time.
Having fun in the tent in the Black Bear campground.
A beautiful baby in the front pack.
I never get tired of looking at this wonderful man.
On Portage Lake.
Winnie enjoying the lake.
Breathtaking. This is why I live in Alaska.
Me and my boy.
Hannah learning to whittle. No blood was drawn.
Yes, I realize Bobby is a boy. I just have pink life vests OK?!
On Bald Lake.
I recently read a friends blog (thanks Nicole) in which she made a list of her summer plans. Here are some of ours.
Cabin trip to Bald Lake
Memorial weekend camping at Portage
Weekly hiking group
Weekly play group
Garden, garden, garden at the big house
Kayaking trip for Robert
Best babysitter visits for 10 days
Two trips to Valdez
Annual Russian River trip with my parents
Good friends come visit for 10 days
Trip to Denali
A Caribou hunt for Robert
Scout Camp for Robert
Violin lessons
Swimming on Wednesdays
My brother and niece visit for 10 days...yeah!
Dip netting
Going to work one day a week for me
Planning a trip to Hawaii (I just had to put that in there!)
Memorial weekend camping at Portage
Weekly hiking group
Weekly play group
Garden, garden, garden at the big house
Kayaking trip for Robert
Best babysitter visits for 10 days
Two trips to Valdez
Annual Russian River trip with my parents
Good friends come visit for 10 days
Trip to Denali
A Caribou hunt for Robert
Scout Camp for Robert
Violin lessons
Swimming on Wednesdays
My brother and niece visit for 10 days...yeah!
Dip netting
Going to work one day a week for me
Planning a trip to Hawaii (I just had to put that in there!)
Wow.
3 comments:
Terrific pictures!
We have yet to go on an overnight family camping trip...should I feel bad? LOL
That all sounds like so much fun! This weekend, Sophie was reminding me "remember when we went camping over Memorial Day with the DeKays?" and "when do we get to see them again?"
Miss you guys, and glad you are having so much fun!!
Kari, We thought about our memorial day camping trip with you guys too! It was so much fun. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment