Here is how they arrive--in large burlap sacks. This year they brought 4 stuffed with chili.
Here is papa roasting the chilies.
Aren't they beautiful?
This is a bunch of us gathered around peeling the roasted chili.
That's a lot of chili.
The red ones are harder to peel.
Here is Joy getting the chili ready to can.
Beverly hard at work.
The end result!
5 comments:
That looks like a true labor of love. Great family bonding time, too. Mmm, I'm thinking of all the yummy things you're going to make.
I'm sure the people on the plane just love that their luggage smells like chili. Looks like you have it down to a science.
You know, I have never actually been home for a chili fest... Should I count my blessings? Nah, I am sure it is nice to sit around with everyone and talking! I like visiting with everyone! Can't wait to come up in November1
i bet you guys missed me while you were cleaning the chili. maybe we'll plan our trip up there to center around chili time! (sheep hunting time for shawn) :)
We want some!!!! :)
Post a Comment