Here it is another month of favorites. Where to begin....
1.) Winnie's Birthday--October 27th. She is such a cute girl. October just wouldn't be the same without Winnie's Birthday. She is in such a cute stage right now. I loved age 3 and age four is looking so bright. She says the cutest things and is so complimentary. Today she came up to me and said "mommy your hair is so cute today!" I wish I could freeze time right now and keep her here forever.
2.) Anything pumpkin. I love pumpkin. I look forward to this time of year because I love pumpkin cookies, pie, ice cream, soup, bread. You name it and I love it. I miss Louisville so much because I am craving Greater's pumpkin ice cream or better yet a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ. Recipes anyone?
3.) General Conference. Another absolute favorite. Twice a year I am treated to food for the soul. I am always so inspired and uplifted that weekend. I love our Prophet, President Monson. Every time I see him I am moved and encouraged to be better. What a genuine, inspiring man. I must also add that I love watching conference on the big screen in my pj's at Robert's parents home! Thanks DeKays!
4.) Along the same lines as number 3 ---the primary program. Call it my 8 years serving in primary or my emotional heritage, but I am moved to tears every year! Yes, Robert and I are primary teachers---again. We do love it though-- hey as long as I am not the president I am happy! I love watching my girls singing and feeling the spirit. My favorite part is watching them fake like they don't have their parts memorized so they came get the leader to whisper in their ears--geez. Well at least I know we practiced.
5.)Snow! Yes October means snow in Alaska--and hey that's OK. It snowed on October 3rd this year. There is always something magical about the first snow of the year even if it does come way too early. I love the white fluffy stuff falling. It is so pleasant.
6.) Our wood stove. Our new house has a great wood stove which we use to heat our house. (No not all houses are heated by wood stoves in Alaska:) I love ours though. I am so warm! It get the house so toasty warm. The only drawback is that now I freeze everywhere I go because our house is usually between 70-75 during the day. My parents keep there house at 65 and I have to wear my coat there! We have had fun collecting wood for it. People call up when they have a tree come down or if they want to get rid of their wood. Robert has developed a wood obsession--always after more wood. He is quite the stud at chopping wood. I could sit and watch him for hours.
2 comments:
Haha! So funny that you mention your parents home being so cold. That is one of my distinct childhood memories, sitting in the recliner in the downstairs of your home freezing my butt off even wrapped in blankets, watching movies.
I too love a nice wood stove. We don't have one now, so have to make due with the outdoor firepit. Of course, we've had a beautiful October and haven't used it a bit. :)
Fall is my favorite. You may know this recipe, but you can make super easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with a dry spice cake mix, 3 eggs(or whatever it asks for on the box), a 14 oz can of pumpkin and chocolate chips. (Don't add oil or water.) Mix and Bake large cookies 12-15 minutes. Yum.
Post a Comment