
Saturday was our final games of soccer here in Louisville. This is Hannah's 4th season of soccer and she just loves it. She enjoys making friends, running around and the post-game snack. This was Winnie's first time ever playing soccer and boy did she ever hate it! She cried all during every game except the last one! I would have given up, but we didn't want to let the team down by not being there. I will say that she acted no differently than all the other three-year-olds on the team. Bow whoever thought up soccer for three's is crazy!

During this last game Winnie scored three goals! She decided she wanted to play and was the only player from our team actually playing and not crying! I was glad one of my children scored a goal because I sure was hungry for ice cream and we have a standing rule that if your score a goal we go get ice cream after the game (this was our first and only trip this season:)

This year Hannah and best bud, Daniel Call, were on the same team.

I really enjoy being a soccer mom. I think it is a blast to go sit and watch practices and games. I especially love seeing Hannah getting good exercise and enjoying herself---maybe it will grow on Winnie!
4 comments:
i taught soccer to three year olds when i started out coaching and i decided it was the worst thing i have done ever. i felt so bad for the kiddos who were just learning to share and i was telling them it was ok to take the ball. i want dayna so badly to like soccer, but she is such a girly girl with no competive edge...what have we done wrong. everyone told us this was the type of kid we would have because of our competivness.
I think that is the CUTEST picture of Winnie holding her trophy!!
Jen
Hilarious! I laughed and told my hub about all the bawling 3-year-olds on the field. Love the pic of Winnie with her trophy! Go soccer mom!
We just had our second soccer game of the season. Anya got a little distracted this time around though! I love watching 3 year olds play soccer. As long as you realize that the running around part and the kicking part is the fun part and to realize you're not really going to get much more out of it than that....
Post a Comment