Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thirty Years in Alaska


In 1984 my family drove up the ALCAN to return to Alaska. I was born here, but we moved when I was a month old. My parents spend the next 8 years trying to get back. When I was 8 years old we returned and have been here ever since. 1984 through 1989 were spent at Eielson AFB in Fairbanks and then we moved to Anchorage. I have been out of state for schooling, but for the majority of the last 30 years Alaska has been my home.

The other day we stopped for lunch at the Arctic Road Runner. I have never been. It is a landmark and I have never been there....in 30 years.

It made me think of all the Alaskana things I haven't done yet. I am making a list. I am trying to do some of these things this summer. Is has been tricky because I have done and awful lot. I will post a list soon!






No comments: