Christmas this year was very nice. It was very nice. Robert and I remarked to each other Christmas night just how pleasant the day had been. My favorite in years I think. I don't know why, but it was. I think part of it was that we toned down the gifts this year. Just a couple of nice/useful things and then I handmade the rest.
Christmas eve we went to the IHOP and then spent the afternoon baking and cooking for the Christmas Eve party. I made these lovely Gingerbread house cakes and sprinkled them with powdered sugar.
We enjoyed the traditional Christmas Eve program at the DeKays. There were many guests and friends there.
We opened our gifts at home on Christmas morning. The kids were so happy and excited. Hannah got a big chair for her room and a bow and arrow. Winnie got the AG pony and a bow and arrow. Bobby got a train table and a plasma car. Jack got some books and balls. I got Robert cross country skis and he got me a gorgeous fur coat! We spent the rest of the day at the DeKays and ended the day lighting lanterns and sending them into the sky.
I think the main reason this Christmas was so lovely is because of The Savior. I prayed all season long to keep him in my heart. I felt his influence on my family all season long.
No comments:
Post a Comment