Winnie got to have "friend" party this year (we alternate every other year). She really wanted to have a swimming party like Hannah had for her eighth birthday and so we did. It was a blast. I don't have any picture of the actual party. I didn't take any. Pool pictures always turn out ugly anyways. I did take plenty of pictures that day though. Her birthday fell on a Saturday, so we got everything done on the actual birthday.
Grandma and Grandpa surprised Winnie by coming over on her birthday morning. I am so grateful to have wonderful parents who are very loving and thoughtful grandparents. They make each of their grandchildren children feel special and unique. I honestly think that they love my children as much as I do!
One tradition that I have carried on from my childhood is to make special, fun birthday cakes. I let them pick them out. Then if possible we make them together. Winnie wanted a swimming pool cake, but for the sake of a very large group of children we made 50 individual swimming pool cup cakes. We had a fun time making each of them different and fun.
Here Winnie is holding her two favorite ones. Two friends doing the back stroke and a bear in a life preserver.
Some of the cupcakes. They are all slightly different. They turned out so adorable. We let the kids each pick out their own.
This is what Winnie got for her birthday. An American Girl horse that she has wanted for two years. She looooves it!
On the way home from the pool we surprise Winnie by stopping at Red Robin for her birthday dinner. She was so excited and announced that this was the best birthday she ever had. The staff sang to her and she hid behind Robert. On the way home I asked her is she was glad they sang to her or if she wished they hadn't.
She replied, "I have mixed feelings about that."
She replied, "I have mixed feelings about that."
I love Winnie. She is so awesome and adds so much character to our home.
As to her turning 8 and growing up, I have mixed feelings about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment