Bobby was sent to me two years ago from a loving Heavenly Father who apparently trusts me very much. Being his mother has taught me a lot about myself. It has shown me that I need to let go of my selfishness and just meet his needs. He was prayed for, cried for, fasted for and very much desired. When he finally came along, 5 and a half years after Winnie, I had gotten comfortable. I was was content to spend my days doing what I wanted to do. Whether that be cleaning, reading, sewing, shopping, skiing,or cooking--they were all things I wanted to and I could do them pretty much when I wanted.
Then he came. I loved him so much. My heart added on a new room for this little spirit and I have had to let go of myself. Bobby needs me right now. He is not content to play along side me. He needs me to play with him, to teach him, to help him and to save his life on a daily basis. I am slowly working on letting to old "me" go and realizing this is the version of "me" that is necessary and good right now.
When Bobby was 3 months old, I was laying in my bed and I had the overwhelming impression that he had a brother waiting to come to earth and that he was preparing to come soon. This was frightening and unbelievable to me as my health is not optimal and we had such a hard time conceiving Winnie and Bobby. Jack joined our family 18 months later. Bobby has a brother that he loves so much. I know he was meant to come to earth to be a friend and confidant. I can tell Bobby recognizes him, loves him and missed him.
Two year old Bobby:
is 35 inches tall
is 28 pounds
loves his "kiki" (blanket)
sleeps in a new big boy bed
wears size 2t clothes
likes nursery
loves cheese, yogurt, applesauce and noodles
loves dinosaurs and blocks
LOVES working with daddy in the garage
does not sit through sacrament meeting
always has a smile on his face
likes to play in the snow
can get into everything
takes naps
sleeps 12 hours a night
loves taking baths
loves playing with his sisters
loves being a part of our family
No comments:
Post a Comment