Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter Retreat

The day after Christmas we headed out to the new DeKay cabin in Petersville. (Let me clarify that when I say "DeKay cabin" I mean Robert's parents.) We are not the proud owners, but I really like it and am grateful to be aloud to use it.

Yes, I am 39 weeks along, but I was really hoping to get things going---no such luck.

This picture is from the front door. In clear weather there is a magnificent view of McKinley!


A view from the loft of Robert standing in the kitchen.

In the loft there are 7 sleeping areas, a bunk bed, cot, double bed and a pull out couch.

At the top of some very treacherous stairs.

The other end of the loft or the media area. It had a TV and games and keyboard and the couch.

A bird's eye view of the wood stove. Robert had that cabin turned into a sauna in no time!

The kitchen and dining room. I know how attractive I look in this picture. The wood stove is directly behind Bobby. To the left of us is a queen size bed.



The front of the cabin. Robert's Christmas present is parked out front! To the right is the shed. The outhouse is behind. The cutie to the left is my Hannah.

1 comment:

Sarah and Chris said...

Wow! Since Dad left his camera at the Talkeetna lake this is the first I have gotten to see of it and I can't wait to go out and visit it next winter!