Robert and I spent a couple of days up at Alyeska last weekend without the kids. It was a much needed break before the baby comes. Robert spent a lot of time in orthodontic meetings, but we got to have fun too.
Things I recommend about Alyeska
1.) Jack Sprats. It is a scrumptious restaurant that serves gourmet food. I love the seafood there. This year I had the shrimp and polenta while Robert enjoyed the blue cheese stuffed Filet Mignon. I wont mention the fresh spring roll appetizers, butternut squash soup, and Creme Brulee!
2.) The Spa at the Resort. We stayed at the resort and while Robert was in meetings I went to the spa and pampered myself (hey I am 8 months pregnant I deserve it!) I enjoyed an hour long pedicure which was heavenly.
3.) Skiing. OK this is obvious. I didn't ski this time, but Robert and his dad enjoyed Saturday on the slopes.
4.) The hot tub. Yes I am 8 months pregnant and went in the hot tub! I talked with my doctor beforehand and he said "no problem". I did get some accussatory looks though...or maybe they were just staring at my enormous belly.
As you can tell I had a great time. I even got a lot of sewing done and a lot of HGTV watching.
1 comment:
That all sounds absolutely fabulous!! I am glad you got away before your little guy comes!!
we miss you guys, hope you are having fun now.
Post a Comment