My friend/cousin of sorts posts a list of her "favorites" each month. I have really enjoyed reading these posts so I have decided to implement/borrow her idea for my blog. I hope you enjoy!
1.) Our New House. We are so excited to have bought our very first home this month. We love it so much. It is hard to find the perfect house, but this one is close. My favorite parts include my walk-in closet, big front windows, spacious kitchen and prime location in a cul-de-sac. I am certain different aspects of the house will be future "favorites". I am so happy an pleased to be living in my own home that I love.
2.) Premiere of "The Office". OK I became seriously hooked on this witty, hilarious show this spring. I had avoided watching it because I thought it would be ridiculously dumb. I am not into stupid humor. The Office is awesome! Robert started having"Office" meetings at school over his lunch hour this spring. It would drive me crazy because I couldn't get a hold of him. When he answered the phone he would talk in hushed tones and I would hear bursts of laughter in the background. Yes. The entirety of the ortho residents were watching "The Office"! Well to make a long story short Robert forced me to watch a couple of season 4 episodes and I was hooked. Thank goodness my friend Ashley owned the first three seasons. I watched them all in about a month. Needless to say we eagerly awaited the premiere this month and were not disappointed.
3.) Time Out for Women in Anchorage. I love this respite from my daily cares. This is my third time attending and I was not disappointed. My first time was in Nashville with my mom, aunt, and sister-in-law. The second in Phoenix with mom and sister-in-law. This time we were so glad that Time Out actually came to Alaska! I went with my mom. It was awesome as usual. We got to hear from Hilary Weeks, Sheri Dew, Emily Watts, Merilee Boyack, S. Michael Wilcox, Ardeth Kapp and several others. I came away feeling inspired and rested. Thank you Desseret Book!
4.) Fall! I somehow convinced myself while I lived in Kentucky that Alaska didn't have a wonderful fall. Well I was proved wrong. September brought a gorgeous fall here in the great state of Alaska. I was amazed by the smell and beauty of it. Yes that's right...I love the smell of fall! It may be short and it may be chilly, but it is wonderful!
5.) Sarah Palin. I must say that I am awfully proud to have our Governor become the republican Vice Presidential nominee. We have all thought Sarah was awesome all along and now she is proving just how awesome she is. I must include that I happen to think that John McCain is pretty awesome as well.
I am having a hard time limiting my favorites. Look for more in the future and enjoy.
5 comments:
Bethany--I have been wondering if you were still alive! I know you are probably busy getting settled in. I need to call you so we can catch up. Say hi to your girls. Miss you!
Hey DeKays! Just wanted to say "Happy Anniversary"!! We will always remember since we were married the same day. :) Hope all is well up there in the crazy cold.
I was wondering how you felt about Sarah Palin, I love her too!
one question about your house.....do you have a scrapbook room?
Love the favorites post.... it reminds me that I've slacked a bit on mine! Congrats on the new house - are you open to house guests??? :) The girls are getting soooo big!
Post a Comment