Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holidays

I am inspired by my friend Nicole to post my Christmas pictures. I love the Holidays. As stressful as they are I love every minute of them. I am glad to have captured a few pictures although several of my pictures have been snagged off of other people's blogs and FB accounts. I don't know why, but I didn't take a lot of pictures. Two occasions I missed photographing that I regret are Hannah's Piano and Violin recitals. Even though I don't have photographic proof, she performed beautifully!




The Eagle River Orthodontic work party. Hosted annually at the Elder Dr. DeKay's home, it was once again a culinary delight. Beverly is an amazing cook and I take every opportunity to learn at her feet.

The Menu: Appetizers; percuitto wrapped asparagus, shrimp, fresh moz and cherry tomatoes

Soup: broccoli and Stilton

Main Course: prime rib, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, green salad, homemade rolls

Dessert: Croquembouche (cream puff tree), hand dipped chocolates and homemade caramel ice cream



This is a picture of me salivating over the ginormous prime rib.

In addition to gorging on delicious food the party consisted of sledding and a white elephant gift exchange. Robert and I ended up with tickets to H2Oasis which we were very excited about!



My cuties in their Christmas nightgowns. I fell in love with this fabric at JoAnns and bought them out. My girls had to have soft gowns out this (even thought it is not flame retardant!) I was worried Winnie would think it was itchy, but she said "this is the most beautiful night gown I ever saw!" and wore it all the next day as well. They looked like angels.



We headed up to Nana's house one day to make gingerbread houses. Hannah spend 2 hours on hers and I wasn't able to get a picture, but it was awesome! Winnie and I worked together on this little cute one. It is still sitting in my kitchen. I have made it my personal goal to make a house from scratch next year!




A picture taken on Christmas Eve of all the DeKay babies born in 2010. (Actually only the cute little boy on the end is a DeKay, but you know what I mean).

Picture order: Canyon Townsend, Tristan Davenport, Remington Robeson, Joyce Bundy, Bobby DeKay

Birth order: Canyon (January), Bobby (February), Remi (June), Tristan (August) and Joyce (September)



Nana made these gorgeous dresses for all the walking granddaughters. Awesome!



This picture really says it all. Hannah has asked for a Nintendo DS for 3 years now and Santa finally delivered! He even got her a DSi. She was the happiest little girl ever there was. I will never get tired of hearing my children squeal with joy on Christmas morning!



My parents came over Christmas morning to celebrate with us. They got Bobby this cute puzzle. Bobby was so cute that morning. His childlike mother got him up at 6 am so that he could be there too. He was into everything!



My dad and a very tired Bobby ready for the traditional DeKay Christmas breakfast...crepes! I made sweet crepes with pie filling and a savory spinach and cheese filling as well. They were delicious!



Santa brought Winnie this little jeep. Rumor has it that he waited at Wal-Mart for three hours on Black Friday to get it. That Santa is very persistent!



This picture is stolen off my friend's blog. At our ward Christmas party the girls dressed up like angels and the boys like shepherds for a few songs. Hannah is the girl just above Winnie. Thanks for the picture Nicole!



For New Year's Eve Robert talked us into an overnight snow machining trip to a Forest Service Cabin on Red Shirt Lake. I prefer day trips, but we had a good time and we took a pretty sweet picture.

Well that's it for our Holiday pictures. It was a wonderful month. I can't wait for next year... or should I say this year?

3 comments:

Mom4ever said...

It looks like a very fun Christmas!

Your dad looks so different with whiskers. I see Santa potential there! :oD

Nicole said...

you are so ambitious! crepes! Do you ever sleep? And a gingerbread house from scratch next year too? I just want to eat it.;) I love gingerbread!

Becca said...

haha! i love the pic of hannah with her santa gift! i'm glad she graced me with a quick "hi" when i came over before she descended into her "play-with-my-christmas-gift" haze. :) haha! santa done her good this year :)