Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cutting the Tree



I have had to come to accept the fact that the pine trees in Alaska do not make for the best Christmas trees. The are sparse and gangling and often require some "help" in the form of drilling holes and putting in extra branches. I love live trees though and refuse to put up an artifical one. So, this year I decided to go price one at the green house-------$120! No way. The good ole, sparse, Charlie Brown Christmas tree is good enough for this family!Besides, I love cutting down the Christmas Tree. This year we went the day after Thanksgiving and found a pretty nice one. It is about 10 feet tall and fits just beautifully in our living room.

2 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

Oh how I miss you!!! Alaska looks freezing. You look so happy. I love your family. Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

No knocking the Charlie Brown Tree! They are my favorite. Another reason why I guess I was made for Alaska!