Wednesday, January 23, 2013
A tale of a frantic mother
On Saturday Robert spent the day snow machining. I decided the kids and I needed to get out of the house or we would go crazy, so we decided to go to the Bear's Tooth to a movie. Bobby will watch a full movie at home, so I decided between pizza, movie, treats and his blanket all would be well. WRONG!
The movie was Wreck it Ralph and it was a 3D movie. It was actually quite good and Bobby did remarkably well for most of it. Jack started to get fussy with about a half hour left which is exactly the time Bobby decided he needed to sit on my lap as well. Jack didn't want to go to Hannah and I couldn't take Jack out with out Bobby. So I decided to hold Jack in the back of the theater (we were about 4 rows from the back). Bobby quickly joined me but was not content to stand quietly beside me. He wanted to crawl up and down the aisles! Jack was getting really loud at that point so I chased Bobby down an aisle and we left the auditorium with about 10 minutes of the movie remaining.
Bobby did NOT want to leave. So I had to drag him out and then force him to sit on my lap while screaming in the lobby. We couldn't go to the car with out the girls and our coats and things, so we waited. Bobby was kicking and screaming and having a melt down because he wanted to go back in. I was not getting sympathetic looks at this point I was getting whatkindofterriblemotherareyou? looks.
Finally the girls came out with all our stuff, but Bobby wouldn't let me get his coat or boots on. So we trooped out to the car in 15 degree weather with me trying to hold a coat around my flailing son.Oi.
Things like this are so stressful to me. They really make me feel like a failure as a mother. I couldn't speak the whole way home. By the time we got home Bobby was sleeping peacefully in his car seat and all was well again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sorry you had a bad movie experience. I have had story times like that and shopping trips like that with Tristan. I know exactly how you feel. Don't take it too hard! And don't let it limit what you do. That is what I am learning. Sometimes they surprise you the next time you do it.
Post a Comment