
OK ladies I am counting on you. I recently was called as the Enrichment Couselor in Relief Society. My first major task.......Super Saturday. We are in the gathering phase for cute crafty ideas...yes this is definatly the right calling for me! I would welcome your ideas big or small. I am so excited and I want this day to be fabulous! I will keep you posted with updates and craft ideas.
5 comments:
this isn't a project exactly but to encourage the non crafty to participate how about a quilt to tie that can be donated to the humanitarian center? or put together hygiene kits. Also have a table for people to bring unfinished projects from home to work on.
card making. I'll even do that one for you:)
*Remember the cute photo album you decorated and gave me, back in Young Women days? My kids are drawn to it. Something like that might be fun to do.
*Another useful project is some sort of FHE assignment craft. I googled an example: http://writings-onthewall.com/familyhomeeveningpage.htm Depending on the budget, you could do anything from a sturdy tole-painting-on-wood project, to vinyl lettering, to a simple felt board, or a magnet-backed fridge poster with magnets or Velcro dots to attach labels.
*What about a sacrament quiet book made out of an inexpensive mini-photo album? One might contain family pictures from memorable FHE's, small pics of temples, Jesus, church leaders, etc. (unused pass-along cards?) My kids' favorite is just a collection of New Era MormonAd cards. You can buy all seven sets from the D.C. for $3.50, I believe.
*Hooded towels are easy to make out of one bath towel and two washcloths. Those are great for anyone who has younger kids, or to donate, or to give as gifts.
oh boy... you've asked the wrong (or right) question... I may be leaving multiple posts (which you can ignore). My new favorite thing are these fabric flowers. you just need scissors, needle, thread, fabric scraps and either a hair clip or pin to sew on. Here's the link http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/fabric_flowers.html
I clip them directly into Kennedy's hair, or onto a cute headband. My next task is to make skirts that match the flowers. :)
Ohhhh - can I come? :-)
Ideas:
Altered tin cans:
http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/01/chocolate-dipped-cookies-altered-tin.html
and
http://www.scrapscene.com/2008/11/altered-tin-cans.html
also,
if you are doing Christmas or holiday stuff as well I found (I think it is at least) an adorable idea to decorate starfish (you can buy them at Michael's) into Santa and Frosty... take a look! :-)
http://www.younghouselove.com/2008/12/frosty-the-starfish/
Not ignoring you . . . still thinking . . . still taxing my limited powers of creativity! :o)
Post a Comment